The Fairchild Wheeler Women’s Golf Club founded in 1957. “The Wheel” is comprised of two courses, fondly referred to as, “The Red and The Black”. This 36-hole facility offers a driving range, GPS-enabled electric carts, Junior Golf Program, PGA Golf Lessons, Golf Shop, and a 19th hole – Vazzy’s Restaurant. Located at 2390 Easton Turnpike, Fairfield, CT.
The Women’s Club is entering its 62nd year and our purpose remains ever true: promote the spirit of a fun and friendly relationships among women golfers, to acquaint all members with the rules of the game and courtesy on the course. We welcome all levels of golfers. We offer non-resident neighbors special rates – See PGA Golf Pro, Stephen Roach.
1. Ghin #, which allows you to establish a handicap and play in our weekly tournaments
2. Play between two beautiful and distinctive course layouts
3. Tournament payout for Net and Gross prize money
4. Annual payout for Birdies, Chip-ins and Ringers
5. Access to play in our 5 Major Tournaments
6. Access to join the state wide women’s associations (Southern New England Women’s Golf Association (SNEWGA) and Southern Connecticut Women’s Golf Association (SCWGA)
1. Full membership $70.00
2. Junior Membership $50.00 (18 years or younger)
There is no requirement to play every tournament. However, all new members are required to establish a handicap. New members will be paired up with a mentor – a league member who is familiar with the rules of the league, as a resource to make playing fun. You can play 9-holes, 18-holes, walk or ride, your choice.
Our tournament season runs from April through October with weekly competitions. These weekly tournaments can be played any day of the week as long as you play with a member.
Our opening meeting is on April 28 at 8:30 am at Fairchild Wheeler Golf Course. Refreshments will be served followed by a fun “Yellow Ball” tournament. We welcome you to join us. If interested please contact us at: email@example.com